By agreeing to submit the artwork specified on the online registration form (hereafter referred to as “Artwork”) and to participate in the Artists for Truth (hereafter referred to as “AFT”) exhibition specified on the online registration form (hereafter referred to as the “Exhibition”), you also agree to the following terms and conditions:
- While reasonable care will be taken during the handling, storage, installation, and exhibition of the Artwork, AFT and its members are not responsible for any loss of or damage to the Artwork. You hereby release AFT, its members, volunteers, and Spacecamp (the event location), and agree to indemnify them and hold them harmless from and against all claims in connection with your participation in the Exhibition and auction fundraiser. Likewise, the charitable beneficiaries are indemnified and held harmless from and against all claims about your participation in the Exhibition and auction fundraiser.
- Artist understands that artwork submitted to this call for entry can be refused for any reason.
- You hereby authorize AFT, or AFT’s designated representative, to handle all sales transactions for the Artwork during the Exhibition/fundraising period. You agree that you will either receive a fifty percent (50%) commission on the sale price for the Artwork, or no commission (0%) for sold Artwork, as specified by you on the online registration sheet.
- You hearby trust AFT and it’s organizers to distribute the proceeds of the sale of your Artwork evenly among the four organizations specified in the call for entry information. If at any time, for any reason, AFT sees fit to end its relationship with any of these beneficiaries, your acceptance of these terms signifies that you accept any subsequent change found necessary by AFT.
- You retain copyright to your Artwork. You hereby grant AFT the right to exhibit the Artwork publicly and to reproduce images of the Artwork in Auction didactics and event ephemera, as screen resolution-sized images on the AFT website, or in press releases for publicity purposes specific to the Exhibition, Programming, and Auction. Any other use or reproduction of the Artwork requires written permission.
- You hereby grant AFT the right to use your name, biographic material, and likeness for publicizing the Exhibition and the Artwork. You represent to AFT that you are the sole creator of the Artwork and the owner of all rights in the Artwork and that nothing in the Artwork violates or infringes any copyrights, trademarks, or other property rights or personal rights of others.
- You agree that all Artwork submitted must be available for delivery during the drop off dates specified. Artworks must ready to hang or display as specified on the online registration form. Hanging instructions must be provided.
- This agreement contains all the terms agreed to by the parties relating to its subject matter. It replaces all previous discussions, understandings, and agreements.
- If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- This agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to its conflict of laws rules.
Thank you for your commitment to truth!